Lobster, bacon, and peas in a cream sauce over pasta – what could be better?
Adapted from Chef David Ross of 50 Local.
1 tablespoon salt
1 pound spaghetti
2 cups heavy cream
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
½ cup finely diced pancetta or bacon
1 pound cooked fresh lobster meat
1 cup cooked fresh peas
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add the salt and the spaghetti and cook until al dente. Strain, keep hot.
2. While the spaghetti cooks, whisk together the heavy cream and egg until light and fluffy. Set aside.
3. Heat a saute pan over high heat and add olive oil. Add pancetta or bacon and render until semi-crispy.
4. Lower heat and add the lobster, peas, and reserved cream mixture. Make sure to control the heat so the sauce does not boil, as the egg will overcook and clump. Stirring the sauce will help prevent the egg from clumping.
5. Once the sauce is hot, add the spaghetti to the saute pan and toss until the sauce covers all the ingredients.
6. Serve immediately, dividing among 4 shallow bowls.
Makes 4 servings
Wine: Marchesi De’ Frescobaldi, Nipozzano Riserva (Tuscany, Italy)
Beer: Maine Beer Co. Peeper Ale (Portland, Maine)